Checking out the Atmospheric Sciences
June 15 -21, 2014, Boulder, Colorado
The SOARS Academy 2014 is a one-week immersion experience at the National Center for Atmospheric Research intended to help college students explore careers and get experience doing research in the atmospheric sciences.
- Explore NCAR labs, instruments, and computing facilities that support studies on severe weather, climate change and the Earth-Sun system
- Get a taste of scientific research
- Learn about making a scientific poster and giving a talk
- Meet other college students and learn about opportunities in the atmospheric sciences
- Be matched with a science mentor who will continue to stay in touch beyond the week in Boulder
Following the week-long Academy, students will have the ongoing support from the SOARS program and of a scientist mentor who will remain in touch during the school year.
Who is in the SOARS Academy cohort?
Twelve college students from a wide range of backgrounds will participate in the SOARS Academy. Participants for the 2014 SOARS Academy have already been selected.
What is Boulder like?
Boulder is home to 104,000 people and is at an elevation of 5,280 feet. It's a lively, college town, home to a range of national laboratories and the University of Colorado. To learn more visit http://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/ or https://bouldercolorado.gov/visitors.