Helpful Writing and Communication Links
General Writing Resources
- The Writing Studio at Colorado State University: This website offers resources for both students and teachers and guides on both writing processes and specific types of writing. Topics covered range from grammar and style to English as a Second Language; the site includes an extensive set of web links. Note the guide on science writing, which offers useful information on poster sessions.
- The On-Line Writing Lab at Purdue University: In addition to general coverage of writing issues, the site offers handouts on grammar, English as a Second Language (ESL), scientific writing, editing techniques, etc.
- Gopen and Swan, "The Science of Scientific Writing"
Writing Resources in Atmospheric Sciences
Web Resources on Poster Sessions
- Colorado State University Poster Session Guide
- Cain Project Guide to Designing Scientific and Engineering Posters
- Swarthmore College Advice on designing scientific posters
- Creating Effective Poster Presentations
- SACNAS Abstract and Poster Session Resource Page